Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Resentment

Darcy senior contributor, I am so sorry, I hope your journey is filled with love and support from those around you. It is a tough ride but the strength and care you give will be that which sustains you both. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

How is your partner going @dhr53 

A quick forum tip is to enter an @ symbol, that will bring up a list of recent contributors to this discussion, by selecting someone it 'tags' them as I have done with you. You can also start typing the name of someone else  not on the list to include them.

😊 thanks

@Former-Member 
my partner died on February 19th, at home by my side in our bed.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@dhr53 

How are you managing now?

@Former-Member I am okay. But the last three months have been absolutely horrible.

all the emotions and feelings that swirl inside your head after the person you have loved for 40years dies. And then not being able to get the support you need because of COVID 19. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

What support have you felt you have needed and have not been able to access @dhr53 

@Former-Member Access to my family firstly and most importantly. Talking over the phone is not the same as physically being with someone in the same room.

Former-Member
Not applicable

It was a strange feeling being in the big smoke and seeing my mum briefly for her birthday not being able to give her a hug @dhr53 . 

Thankful that I have the dogs I can cuddle at home.

I try and write down, first thing every morning, something that I am grateful for and it must be something different every day ie.  the love that I see in my mum as I care for her, the nudge that the dog gives me to take him for a walk, the sunrise etc.  and when I get low and and run-down I re-read my past grateful praises and give thanks that I have something to be happy for...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm