Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

Hi @Oaktree  et al I got out for a short walk. Took a garbage bag and picked up litter as I went. Did you have a walk today?

Dimity

@Dimity 

Hi there, start by finding a half hour sunny patch in the weather. Get dressed and walk out the door. Any activity is better than none. Just start. Bipolarbunny told me it was as easy as making a plan so my plan is to try and do 30 minutes of walking per day. I don't have to be breaking speed records here as I am just starting out and don't want to end up exhausted and hating it. I just have to get off the couch and actually walk. So far it's going better than I thought. Yesterday a few things happened that got in the way so I didn't manage my goal but I am not beating myself up about it. I have just got out there and done my thing today. Today I walked around the block which took 27 minutes. Then I drove to some fitness stairs and did twice up the 53 steps of hell and walked a bit which added up to another 15 minutes of activity. So I figure I made up a bit for yesterday. Anyway good luck with getting off the couch. Seriously that is the first big step. @Fluttershy1 How are you doing with activity today. So proud of you for yesterday. I was glad to hear that you had fun with your support worker too.

@bipolarbunny @Shaz51 @Pato 

Meggle

I miss my daily morning walk. Hate being bed bound 

That's funny @Dimity I was just posting here at the same time as you.

Seriously great minds think alike lol

Great work on walking and collecting litter

So proud of you /highfive

Meggle

@Oaktree - didn't do anything today just rested 

Hi @Bow 

Could you exercise in bed at all? Lift weights or cans of food???

Meggle

@Fluttershy1 

Count today as a recovery day. I think it was Bipolarbunny who told me that. Sometimes you just need recovery days. Especially with your health concerns. How is the weather there?

Meggle

It's cold here @Oaktree 

Don't really have access to anything @Oaktree  am in hospital. 

@Bow 

Oh so sorry to hear that. I hope you get home quickly. Hospital stays suck.

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm