Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing thoughts of suicide & self-harm

Miffysmum
New Contributor

Trust and find safety in myself

I’ve been advised to go within and seek to find the answers and safety within me. I often seek to look through an Eastern lens highlighting the connection between mind, body, spirit. How then can I increase my confident self image/view of my achievements when my ‘narrative’ destroys and minimises any small success by the barrage of perceived failures that have occurred- daily. My brain analyses so much information sensory, emotionally and intellectually (ASD & ADHD) that my expectations for myself are unachievable and miscommunication with others runs rife.  Being an authentic self in a bubble out in nature seem the only option for me besides fatal suicide. Too many years in the space and too many continuous failures vs success

1 REPLY 1

Re: Trust and find safety in myself

Hi @Miffysmum and welcome to the forums. 

Thank you for sharing such an insight into what you're going through, I can hear the turmoil that this inner narrative is causing. Trying to constantly live up to unachievable expectations of ourselves can be exhausting.

I'm so sorry to hear that you don't feel able to be your authentic self unless it's separate from society. To me that highlights a failing of society, rather than of you.

I hope that this can be a space where you are able to feel safe to be your authentic self.

How can we best support you here to make that possible for you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm