Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I'm a teacher @Boonana so on school holidays myself at the moment. What kind of counsellor do you want to be?

That’s great @Boonana.

We were in the building industry for a long time

with our own business, then we sold it and have some

rental properties now.  I have gone back to uni with my kids.  I didn’t complete any qualifications when I was younger.

Oh wow! A teacher! That’s so cool! I’ve always wanted to ask this! Do you ever get any spare time?! Like there are so many things you have to do! Like so much marking! What grade do you teach? And what subjects? This is soooo cool!
My goal, one of the only things I’m living for.. is to move to Brisbane and work for kids helpline! They have helped me so much and I just want to help young people.
Also I could get a chance to meet my counsellor 😯

Is that like when you own houses and rent them @Faith-and-Hope?
If so that what my mum is doing. She has a job though and she Airbnb’s them.

I am doing support work this year @Boonana so I am working across all primary grades helping other teachers in the classroom. It is a great job for me after being away from work for a couple of years. I do not have a lot of planning or marking to do in this role which is also great because I get very tired very quickly - still working on my work stamina but it is getting easier.

It is good to have a goal in mind Hon - will you study psychology or social work?

@Zoe7 Is that job stressful?
I kinda want to do what my counsellor done. She done social work then when she finished, she got the job at kids helpline and is doing the psychology one right now. So she isn’t working every day unfortunately. She only works 1-2 days a week so if I can’t make it, it sucks but when I do get to chat with her, she helps me so much and I leave the chat feeling much better. We have built a good relationship. She’s the only person I’m completely open with. I tell her everything and I’d love to be like her one day.

Both options can open up different avenues for you @Boonana It is great that you have a direction you want to head in and goals in mind.

I’m so sorry but.. I need to go.

Look after yourself Hon - catch you later @Boonana Heart

Hi @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member and all passing through here Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm