Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

@NatureLover  thank you for all of that ❤️  ☺️

I went down to buy some track pants and they only had one pair in my size in the entire store and loads of bigger sizes. Last year when I was bigger it was the opposite.  Typical!  😂 They weren't exactly what I wanted but I grabbed them anyway because that store is closing soon.. it's going to reopen as a Kmart next year but in the meantime we will be stuck to boutique stores or driving to the next town for BIGW. 

@Escaped_Goat I just got back from a walk where I was thinking that I shouldn't have listed those things you're good at, that you probably wanted to think of them yourself...?

At least you have one pair of warm tracksuit pants in your size...I guess you can get some more later, the next time you go to the town with the BigW?

I'm doing housework in 10-minute intervals today. That method is for when I'm struggling with motivation, and it usually works well for me.

@NatureLover  Do you set a timer?  When I was drowning in stuff I used to motivate myself by working at stuff for one song on the radio or two songs etc. depending on the day 😂 

The hair oil seems to be helping... I'm not losing large handfuls of hair and it's growing back.  Unfortunately that means I have assorted lengths sticking up all over my head but it just adds to my weirdness and keeps people a nice safe social distance away 😂 

@NatureLover  I just got back from an hour long walk down to the river and back!  

I downloaded a new app for my phone StoryShots and so far am loving it.  It's compressed versions of books basically... so all those self help books out there that might be helpful oh if only we had time to read them all just to find the key points that might be useful to us?  Others have done the reading and outlined the key points and put them in an app!  It gives you the option to listen or read but I just listened to the free shots while I walked and book shelved the ones that made light bulbs appear over my head so I can go back to them.

One of them and I will need to get back to you about the title sorry... said to treat your inner voice like an inner roommate.  Like the stuff your inner voice tells you... if a roommate was saying that stuff how would you answer them? How would you talk to them?  
Besides telling them to shut up! 😂 

It got me thinking maybe I can journal my inner voice like a conversation?  Maybe when I'm having a lot of negative inner dialogue if I write it down and then go back to it and sort of reply?  Maybe I can start changing my thought patterns around a bit?  

I am just cooling down and rehydrating and then that bathroom floor is going to get a good scrubbing!  

How is everything going at yours today?

@Escaped_Goat no, I don't set a timer, I just go by the clock. Working for one or two songs is a great idea.

Haha re social distance...I'm sure it's not due to your hair! But that's good the hair oil's working...do you use it every day?

I'm a little worried I might have done the wrong thing by you...just wanted to say, if I ever do, then please let me know and I will apologise.

@NatureLover   you haven't done wrong by me at all.   I promise I will tell you if you do because that's something I worry about constantly myself.  

I use the oil a couple of times a week... up to 3 times.  The night before I know I'm going to wash my hair the next day I will put it in overnight or if I need an unplanned hair wash in the week I will put it in for an hour prior to showering.  It's just massaged into the scalp and my scalp health has improved too... I can wear black again 😂 

@Escaped_Goat wrote:

@NatureLover   you haven't done wrong by me at all.   I promise I will tell you if you do because that's something I worry about constantly myself.  

Oh good, am happy to hear, thanks @Escaped_Goat .

I'm kind of amazed the hair oil is acting so quickly...didn't you just buy it last week? Do you wrap your head in a towel or something when you put it in overnight?

You sound pretty excited about the StoryShots app! I think journalling your inner voice like a conversation is a brilliant idea. Someone on another thread suggested a 'brain dump'...writing down everything in your head to see what's there, which I thought was a great idea. But your idea takes it one step further. 🙂

I just had a late lunch (butternut pumpkin soup to which I added cracked pepper - which I add to everything - and grated cheese). Somehow I haven't done too much on the house yet, but I made some business calls and lay down for a while (my thinking time), and am about to go for another walk before the cold of the late afternoon sets in. Then more work on the house.

Is the river at the bottom of the steep hill? Well done 🙂

@NatureLover  I was surprised too... I probably should have kept track how many times I've used it since I've bought it but it wouldn't be more than 3.  I just put my hair in a rough bun when I use it overnight... I put a hand towel underneath the pillowcase just to protect my pillow protector 😂 It's a gel one and I don't want to ruin it.  I have far too many pillowcases so changing that isn't a problem.  I guess whatever nutrients the herbs and flowers in the oil are providing were much needed by my hair.  We have a decent sized Indian population around here and they all have the most glorious thick hair so I guess I know their secret! 😀  

I think I'm definitely going to put some of the note books I've hoarded to good use with conversations with my brain for a start.  I did manage to pare the collection down to one small bedside cupboard and that was painful but it's still a lot of unused but beautiful stationery and I should start using them.  

I like the app because it gives me something to listen to while walking that isn't music... I'm not ready for music yet because I still cry even at happy songs because we have the same exact taste so it all reminds me of him.  I'm all for self help but I find the books hard slog... I just want to get to the part that's going to help me not the life story the anecdotes and the rest of it... 😂 

I'm a cracked pepper fan myself.  

The river is down the bottom of a reasonably steep hill... I got my exercise in and nature today!  Because the road cuts through the main part of the shopping district too I smiled at someone... she didn't smile back but that's okay.  It was awful busy for a Wednesday... I'm not sure I like the rules being relaxed here.  It doesn't feel right somehow.  

Thanks for explaining about the hair oil. I've also got lots of pillowcases 😄

It's a great idea to use your nice stationery for journalling your inner voice conversations. Am really sorry to hear you can't listen to music. I think the app is an ideal solution. @Escaped_Goat 

I need to see what I've done on the Bingo board today...not much I think. I've been busy but with not much to show for it. I am pretty nervous about restrictions being eased too. Oh, I forgot to tell you that my friend rearranged our meeting as last week it was raining...so in the next 2 weeks I have agreed to meet up with her and 2 other different friends. I am quite anxious about leaving the house and the stress of possible germs, as 2 of my friends work on the front line. It's going to be hard for me, but of course I'm grateful they want to meet up.

I've just hit a slump...

@NatureLover  What can we do about this slump of yours?

Do you think you're putting too much pressure on yourself to do what you think you "should" be doing?  Maybe with the housework can you look at it differently and perhaps pick a zone and think about what you would "like" for that zone to look like so you can use it to "______"

For example.. I'd like that area where the armchair is to be more cozy and inviting so I can sit and read and enjoy a cuppa when the sun comes through that window.

Do you think looking at it in that way might help?  You said you're a visual person.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm