Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Aww, so encouraging, thank you! @Escaped_Goat And you have got a good memory, to remember I'm a visual person 🙂

You're right, I am overwhelmed by all the things there are to do, not just on the house. And picking a small area and working on that is the solution. Imagining it when finished will help. Thank you ❤

By the way, you have excelled yourself today with the Bingo! 

@NatureLover  All that and still no bingo! 😂 😂 

I'm glad if I was able to help a little... 😀

@Escaped_Goat wrote:

@NatureLover  All that and still no bingo! 😂 😂 

Do you think you can do the whole lot?? @Escaped_Goat  I know I won't be able to do the whole lot!

And yes, you did help, thank you for your care and thoughtfulness. ❤

@NatureLover  Not the whole lot... I'm already looking at it and all the squares needed to complete a line are definitely not easy ones.  I think I accidentally did more today than planned and still not sure if picking up dog :pile_of_poo: counts as gardening but I counted it.  

You're very welcome!  

Good morning @Escaped_Goat ! I generally feel more positive in the mornings...it sounds like you do too, if you don't like the evenings?

I have a dumb question...are we meant to be doing the Bingo in lines? Like horizontal lines? I have no clue, lol...

I think I feel OK this morning...not entirely sure yet 🙂 Hope you are feeling OK. 

@NatureLover good morning!  My morning mood sets the tone for the day.. but I definitely wind down by the end of the day and find it harder to keep "up" and motivated. I'm feeling okay today so far.. only just gotten up and on coffee one. 

Some mornings I wake up crying for whatever reason and that's it for the day.. no matter what I do the best I can manage is mediocre. Trying to put a face on for others on those days is hard.  

I think the bingo is supposed to work like regular bingo... I assumed so anyway. 😂 

I'm glad you are feeling okay so far.. hopefully it's up from here. 😀

On the germ front... I bought a packet of wipes this week and my hands do not like them. I was happy because they are biodegradable but I'm going to be using a lot of hand cream in exchange for being eco friendly.  :face_with_rolling_eyes:

It looks sunny so far.. definitely going for a walk today again.  Apart from that.. who knows 😂 

You would have had your 2 coffees by now...hope the day is looking OK. I agree that on depressed days it's very hard to pretend to be OK. 

I'm not sure how regular Bingo works as I've never played it...that's why I was asking...

That's a bugger about the hand wipes. @Escaped_Goat 

Glad you have sun, here too. I've been for a walk, smiled at a stranger and expressed gratitude. Now for the house!

@NatureLover  I only played it for the first time last year. 😂 

horizontal, vertical or diagonal lines count as bingo! 

wow! You're off on a roll today.. keep that momentum going!  I've caffeinated... gotten dressed... made my bed.. and ruminated... 

@Escaped_Goat wrote:

horizontal, vertical or diagonal lines count as bingo! 

Thanks - somehow I imagined you had to get the whole board full to get Bingo. So if I get a line, do I say Bingo?

'Ruminated' is such a good word...I might borrow it.

I'm pleased with myself as I managed to do 3 business calls this morning that I've been putting off, including to my mobile provider to get a new mobile plan on my existing phone. It's funny - the recorded message said that there would be long delays getting through on the phone lines, but as soon as I said the magic word "sales" I got through instantly! My neighbour had told me about a deal she has for 30 gig which cost the same as I was paying for 2 gig...and that's the deal I got this morning. I was worried when I used up so much mobile data when the NBN was down recently, so wanted to get more data, so I would be secure if the power goes out or the internet goes down.

I also managed to spill coffee on my computer keyboard, and in cleaning it up I've done something to the screen...all the tabs at the top have disappeared! I'll have to try to fix that after I post this.

Hope your day is turning out well so far. @Escaped_Goat 

@NatureLover  You do say bingo... and jump up and down waving your bingo card excitedly! 😂 

Yay for getting those calls done but yikes about the coffee spillage.

My day is going good... I breakfasted then got my table organised to do my journaling... start it... whatever 😂 Decided to go for a walk and ended up walking for two hours!  

There is a small beginners running group that meets locally 3 times a week that interests me but it's at 8pm and I'm not sure I'm that keen to meet a handful of strangers at night in the cold to run 7km.  It's very much turn up if you want on the nights so I guess I can decide on the night with no pressure.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm