Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Nighty night @Former-Member @outlander 

😴💜💖

I hope I haven’t said anything to upset you, Sherry. I’m guessing you just need a quiet night. That’s ok. 🥰

Goodness no @Former-Member ... you have not upset me, nor said anything wrong.  You are correct, I have been having a quiet night.  Watching some cricket actually.

I'm sorry today has been such a stressful day for you Mumi with regards to your D ... but I hope you are feeling a lot calmer now, and that D remains more stable.  Serious illnesses are such a strain on all of us.  I know with hubby, his Stage IV terminal cancer diagnosis is always in the back of my mind.  Even though he is currently in remission, its always there.  The fact that he has other serious illnesses on top of it, ie the Parkinsons Disease and the autoimmune encephalitis, are almost secondary.  Though either one of those in themselves can be fatal.  Living with incurable illnesses is the pits, whether it is ourselves with it, or our loved ones.

Good night @Former-Member  and thanks so much for your support and understanding.

Sherry 💕💤

Thanks @outlander. I leave by train from here a little after midnight on Monday night/Tuesday morning. And I will return in the evening of the following Monday. So the best part of a week. Unfortunately on my way home I will need to spend a night in the city as my train connections through Sydney are not great from where I am coming from. Thankfully on the way down, its good though with only a half hour wait for the connection. So my return journey is the one which is troubling me. As you know, I have a thing about City's, and its a trigger for my PTSD.

Thank you so much @BlueBay ... I am actually feeling pretty organised right now. Quite pleased with myself in fact. But I do feel guilty for leaving hubby alone. I guess I cannot really help it, and probably I would feel guilty even if he didnt try to make me feel that way. In other words I dont think I need him to make me feel guilty, I would do so myself regardless.

Although its not going to be a break as such, it will still be a break from home. And that is worthwhile. The time with my parents will be spend trying to get them to accept some much needed, already approved, home care services. A very difficult prospect.

Thanks for your kind wishes and thoughts BB. I was very sorry to hear that your Mum knocked you back on a dinner invitation for tomorrow. That is sad for her that she could not allow herself to accept, and I feel very much for you. It would feel like further rejection and lack of care I would expect. But I think it says a lot about your Mum, and perhaps her own sense of guilt or responsiblity. So please try not to take it as a personal rejection, hard as that would be.

@Zoe7 - A big win by your Eels tonight. I hope you were feeling up to watching them. Sending healing thoughts your way, and the wish for a restful night.

Okay I am off to bed. Good night everyone.

Sherry 🌺💤💕

@Former-Member  💜💜

I’m glad you had a quiet night @Former-Member 

wow! That’s a long train trip. Do you think you’ll be able to sleep at all? I’m not great at sleeping while travelling. 

I wonder how much more it would cost for a bed on the train. Do they even have beds on that train?

im still having strong coffee in bed to wake up. 

I love our winter here. 

Not too cold, but cooler. 

Not sure what I’ll do yet. 

Sleep med worked reasonably and had another prn at 5am and slept a bit more. 

💖

Hi there @Maggie ❤️🤗

I have  been wondering if you have moved into your own place, or still waiting?

It sucks that life can be so difficult. 

I hope you can find your way through the tunnel and that you will see a light at the end. 

Hey all.

@Former-MemberI just wanted to say a big thank you. It means heaps to feel supported when supporting others (or trying to). I really appreciate it. Hope that makes sense as I know it is way out of context here 😏

I also hope your trip away goes well. I read your posts often but don't comment. My father has a terminal illness and was recently given a not hopeful estimate of time left. My mum struggles with similar issues as you do with Mr Sherry. This is the first time I have openly disclosed who "my people" I refer to on the forum, are. It's really hard and my heart seriously goes out to both of you.

Thanks again Sherry. Your kindness and care doesn't go unnoticed ❤

Dear @Former-Member ,

I am sorry I have not posted to you for a while but I have been following you.  I congratulate you on planning some time away with your mum and dad.  I am sure you need a break from your home situation. It is terrible that you are feeling unsafe. I wish that I knew what to say to help you to feel better.  I wish you luck with your parents and getting them to accept home help. Worrying about aging parents is a hard one that most of us have to tackle at some time.

i have so much to do here today and I can’t get started.  

I am glad you like your haircut, it sounds very pretty.

take care of yourself on your travels.  And enjoy just being with your parents

peri

@Former-Member 

sorry I did not reply yesterday , I have read all the comments and my mind is running crazy with what to write down

you have done soo much leading up to visit , but now you can put it at ease now for you have done all you can xxx

Worrying about aging parents is a hard one, sending you knowing hugs  and hope you can arrang things for your parents that they can not cancel help

here for you and safe travel my awesome friend xoxo

hugs @CheerBear Heart

Hugs and love to you @CheerBear ❤️❤️

Thankyou @Former-Member  for your support   Wishing you well for this week. I’ll be thinking of you ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm