Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Concur here also. 

@Shaz51 Definatly a legend 

Hi @Shaz51@Adge@outlander@Former-Member

Let's see - Community Wrap, Medication and D1 - making a list helps

I don't know about the Community Wrap so I don't know what was said but it sounds as if congratulations are in order Shaz - so I will say - fantastic daughter No 2 and I will chase that up - you do a fantastic job

And medication - golly yes - the medication is sometimes like a game of darts - some times it works and sometimes it works a bit and sometimes it totally misses - and I am glad Mr Shaz had the conversation with the doctor or the nurse and will stay on them today - at least - though I know he changes his mind a lot - at least he did something himself and stuck with the conversation though which is good

And of course D1 loves her Dad and his depression must be hard for her to understand - she must be old enough to understand this - that he does his best but after having so much of his security taken away has lost in faith in what goes on with some much of life being outside his control - it must be difficult and you do have a lot to deal with yourself as well as with other people in your life

A day off would be so good Shaz but self-employed - yes - like being someone's mother - it's lucky to get an hour off sometimes

So - I shall look for the Community Wrap and send my congratualions regardless because when it comes to hard workers anonymous here - you do need a prize

Dec

Yes a big congratulations @Shaz51. You are a wonderful presence here on the forum.

HeartSmiley Happy

I hope Mr Shaz finds a better team this time, and meds that work for him too.  It is a tricky question "what works", it is about finding the balance between the positive effects and the negative effects.  

A lot of organisations have changed their intake protocols to phone assessments.  In the old days you phoned to make an appointment.  I guess this is a form triaging, and is a good idea given the load on the services.  It can be confronting though sharing private details with a stranger on the phone, so I am glad Mr Shaz perservered.

hope Mr Shaz finds a better team this time,, me tooo ' @Appleblossom xxxx

awwww thank you @Owlunar, @Determined, @outlander, @Adge, @Former-Member

thank you my second mum @Owlunar HeartHeart

Hugs and hugs @Shaz51 💛💚

thank you my sister @outlander , hope you are ok xoxo

mr shaz is sooooo over everything tonight @Appleblossom, @Owlunar, @Determined, @Adge, @Former-Member

Sounds like everythings abit overwhelming atm? @Shaz51

sure is my sister @outlander and mr shaz does not want to do a scan on his shoulder -- he is telling his D! that he is not going to do it

Mm sounds as stubborn as my pop @Shaz51 hopefully he will come around and agree to it. He might be feeling abit afraid at what they might find

i know my sister @outlander, yep nothing broken  so dot need to do a tendon scan xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm