Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

outlander
Community Guide

Christmas movies baking and craft

Hi everyone 

I know christmas is tough for many including myself so i try to do things i like to try and get in the spirit of things esp with kids  around alot of the time too. 

So im wondering.. what are some of your favourite christmas movies (both kid friendly and not) crafty activities and also baking too

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Christmas movies baking and craft

https://www.thisgrandmaisfun.com/reindeer-clothespin-ornaments/ - for ~10-12 year olds.

plaster of paris christmas tree ornaments - for toddlers and up. We used a tupperware star mould for ours.

Hi @outlander @Gwynn ! I love this new thread! Thanks for starting it. I love watching the movie 'Unaccompanied Minors'- it's where kids get stuck in an airport overnight before Christmas and it's really funny. I also like the movie 'Elf'- an oldie but a goodie that kids like. ' The Santa Claus' series is a great series to watch and I also like 'Santa Buddies' as well. I am a sucker for 'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation' and although I'm over it, 'Home Alone'. An old favourite redone I like is 'Miracle on 34th Street' with Dylan McDermott in it and you can't go past 'The Polar Express' for a kids movie. 
As for crafty stuff, I remember making paper chains in primary school to decorate the classroom and tree, along with writing letters to Santa - I know there's a Bluey one (the abc TV character there all the fashion in kiddie world) that I saw on Facebook that you might be able to track down on the internet. Colouring in Christmas designs and making snowflakes by cutting and folding coloured paper was also done as a kid in primary school as well as decorating baubles out of foam balls using glitter and sequins was also a favourite activity. You also can't past making your own Christmas cards and decorations for the tree and other areas to hang up. If you like sewing, making and decorating, a Christmas stocking could also be fun as well.

For Christmas cooking, there's traditional shortbread and fruit mince pies or maybe try and cook a plum pudding or Christmas cake.

I hope these ideas help. Enjoy your Christmas 🎄!

Judi9877☺️🎄🎅🏻🤶🏻

Hi everyone my favourites are :

The Little Drummer Boy (1968)

The Little Drummer Boy (TV Short 1968) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation | OSH Matters

Home alone 1 and 2

undefined

music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

@outlander A great thread

@greenpea have to agree with you. Home Alone 1&2 and National Lapoons Cristmas Vacation would be my favourites too.

I also like Miracle on 34th Street.

@Judi9877 @Gwynn 

I love the original version of Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone and Elf.

Our other favourite activity is all the girls in the family going to the ballet, The Nutcracker. We’re not going this year but we will go again I promise...the boys are welcome but never come. We dress up in our finery and it’s a wonderful experience for all.

❤️💚❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm