Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Want to end relationship with toxic partner

Thank you for your message. I now have a counsellor that calls once a week & it is really helping. Still stuck in my living situation but am now just staying out of his way, do my own thing, do pretty much nothing with him. I feel so sad & lost cause it feels so pathetic to be in this situation at. My age but lack of money unfortunately is a factor. He still rants & blames me for everything & uses his bio polar & depression as excuses but I remove myself & try my best to not react nor take what he says in. He is now sleeping in the spare room which is good. I feel so stupid being with this man, a man that could care less about me. I have distant myself from him &  now he tell me i am not the woman he fell in love and apparently I have no soul.  Whatever I try to ignore & remove myself.  I find He is leaving me alone more & more. He just watches tv & on Facebook most days doesn't contribute 2 housework or provide financially pays half the rent & that's about it. I am just saving & trying to get a job so I can move out cause he is refusing to leave. 

Re: Want to end relationship with toxic partner

Hi @Dallas, I'm really sorry you're going through this situation. I'm glad you now have a counsellor calling once a week; but I also understand your frustration that you're still stuck in this living situation.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are DV services/case workers out there who can help you plan to safely leave. 

The link that @jallo posted was good - you can see here a list of contacts depending on which state you're in. If you contact the relevant line for your state, it could be a step towards accessing the type of support needed to actively change your living situation.

Sending lots of support your way HeartHeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm