Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I like watching gymnastics comps and stress relief videos the most @Faith-and-Hope! What do you like watching?

@Zoe7 I’m not too keen on hawks either.. though I’m still a member 😛

aww you got to talk to your Dad @Faith-and-Hope That is lovely Hon.How is he going?

I have lino in the kitchen but want to put tiles down myself. The whole kitchen needs to be done eventually (as does the laundry) but of course I can't afford to do that so it will stay as it is for another couple of years. I have pretty expensive taste in what I want in there too so it may be more than a couple of years Smiley Tongue

I did clean the toilet as well as tidy up the kitchen - washing up next. Still no Toby haircut or vacuuming - but I do need to do that very soon so I can get stuck into the papier mache echidna for school. You talking about your sculpture and art space is a reminder that I need to do that quite soon so it will get dry in time for next week.

I think my dining room must look much like your art space - I can't see the table under everything again Smiley Tongue

@Boonana I understand about you not being able to start this week - and yes money is an issue - I can imagine it is not cheap but it is something you love to do. Do you have a part time job?

Coles @Zoe7 😜

I like watching art journaling @Boonana.  It often has little helpful sayings written into the pages that are being made.E15FBE63-222B-4E2A-AF93-042137CBF2CA.jpeg

I also like watching funny cat YouTube’s (like cats and cucumbers, or cats and circles, or cats doing zoomed ........... or trying to understand more about my hubby’s disorder is something I look up sometimes, but that’s a bit sad.  Usually on YouTube I am looking for more cheerful  distractions.  Cooking and travel are other favourites.  Rachel Khoo and others combine both.  She has a tiny apartment in Paris where she cooks for only 2 or 3 people, like it’s a teeny-tiny restaurant ..... takes bookings and everything.

Why am I not surprised you watch cats on youtube @Faith-and-Hope lol

That is good you have a part-time job @Boonana helps with a little money just for yourself.

@Faith-and-Hope I love funny cat videos too!
I use YouTube as a distraction too. But at times I often look up some sad things.. it doesn’t really help me though.
Cooking videos are fun! I might have to look into those ones!

I used to work at Coles when I was a student @Boonana ..... many moons ago ..... lol

My Dad is good @Zoe7 .  He’s chillin’ today .... until I called him, cos he won’t replace the batteries in the cordless phone until they are completely out of juice, so he has to get up and go stand in the kitchen to talk to me on the wall phone :face_with_rolling_eyes:😉.

Cats are so funny ❣️

Dad's and phones are funny @Faith-and-Hope My dad has a brand new mobile and has found talk to text - and loves it lol He loves his new phone - always rings me from it rather than from the home phone now. Glad your Dad is good. Hope you can visit him again soon. I know you miss him Heart

I used to work at a pizza place @Boonana doing deliveries - it was great because I knew I would have food at least twice a week - and we could make our own pizzas to take home Smiley Tongue

What kinds of jobs yous have now?
I want to be a counsellor when I finish school and uni.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm