Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: D.I.D....

💜😔💐 @Smc  ....

Former-Member
Not applicable

Trust visit to hospital went ok @Smc . How are you bearing up?

@Smc, sending you hugs Heart

Smc
Senior Contributor

Thanks all

@Former-Member, she's still in. They've got her in a higher security section, partially due to shortage of beds, partially because she kind of needs it. She's seeing a psychiatrist again tomorrow. At present she's an involuntary patient, don't know if he'll rescind that tomorrow. Possibly not, she still seems to be in a risky state of mind.

We visited yesterday for a bit, and went in again this evening. She seemed well enough while we were there, but from what she said, there's been some less OK stretches. She was upset about not being able to be at the family Easter lunch... we did bring in a little stockpile of assorted chocolates.

We're bearing up OK-ish. It's disturbing stuff. Hoping she won't need to be in the secure section for too long. It's all set up for safety, even more so than the regular rooms. We didn't even know that section existed, although it makes sense when we think about it. And there's another even higher security section. We didn't even try looking through the door into that bit, and frankly hope that we never have cause to see what it's like.

Thinking of you @Smc 

Darling has spent some time in a section like that in the past and it is a bit confronting. 

Trust your daughter can get the support she needs and you are all able to hold together through this difficult time. 

thinking of you @Smc Heart
Smc
Senior Contributor

Ta @outlander, @Determined.

We haven't heard from her today. She can't have her phone with her in the area she's in. We could probably ring the unit and ask to be put through to her; may do so, or visit, tomorrow.

Am guessing that no news means she's staying in for longer.

Smc
Senior Contributor

Hi @Faith-and-Hope. 🙂 Saw you there.

Thinking of you too @Smc ..... 😔💜💐💕

Thinking of you @Smc 

Trust it is good news tomorrow. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm