Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I can recognise the work that I have done which is huge. Iv had to drag myself out of bed and walk down to the beach of a morning. The walk back is a killer. It’s quite a long walk and it’s all uphill. @Ru-bee. My body is in so much pain that the walk back counteracts the seeing the sunrise in the beach. I have to stop several times on the way back. 

I have had a rest this afternoon though. It’s really cold and raining. It’s miserable weather. 

That is huge @Captain24!

Sounds like a rest is definitely called for this arvo after all the hard work you've been putting in

I’ve just had big hugs from my friend that came in. She is such a beautiful person. She has lifted my spirits a little. I need a lot more R hugs to help me out of this though. 

My Pdoc isn’t coming in though so that’s frustrating. I need to see her. I need her to help me. 

I don’t know what is written in my notes. I’m guessing my breakdown this morning has been entered. I’m glad my psychologist was the facilitator for her group today. She came to my rescue and sat in the gutter with me. 

Heya @Captain24 

Hey @tyme 

I read today was another hard day? @Captain24 Your back STILL bad???

I hope it gets better. 

Do you have group sessions everyday?

Yeah it has been hard. @tyme. I broke down. There was tears an everything. 

My back just gets really sore when I walk. When I’m not walking it’s not too bad. My calves also hurt so much. The pain in its self is bringing me to tears. 

Yeah groups every morning 7 days a week. 

@Captain24  I do apologize, this week has been intense and I haven’t really been able to keep up with anyone else’s threads. I know your current admission isn’t going as well. But I do hope you get something out of it. 
when do you go home? 

Thanks @Bow. That means a lot. 

I haven’t had the capacity either and I’m trying to focus on myself. I know that’s selfish but it’s what I need. Plus since the emails stopped working it’s made it so much harder.

Im sorry you have it so hard, it makes me realise that others are suffering more. I wish things would ease for you 

I go home Wednesday. I told the Pdoc  that that is when I’m leaving. It’ll be 5 weeks and 2 days. It’s a 3 week program. 

Hey @Captain24 ,

How are you today?

I'm sorry it was so hard for you yesterday and you broke down. What's happening for you now?

Have you connected with that nurse you find helpful?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm