Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Loneliness

well done on pushing yourself a little @Meowmy but not to much either. good on you

@Shaz51  thanks for asking, I have been all sorts of all over the place for the last few days between a sick family and centrelink stuff to work out.

Thank you for your concern and it is very much appreciated.

I have seen my doctor and tweaked my medication and I think it is helping.

I am journaling my progress so time will tell.

@Meowmy thank you for your concern and my apologies in the late reply.

Have had a tough few days however coming out of it now.

How are you?

@starflame @Great too see you. Very good that you are coming out of hard times.

thank you @Meowmy I till suffer with what I have termed "emotional lonlienss" in that I am lonely even when surrounded with others. 

However I am working on widening my circle of friends which is hard as an adult.

Hello Iam a compentant human being ! I work hard interact with people every day I surf walk ride and am wordly in so many ways. But ! It is a huge but I am so lonely it is truly horrible I have tried to embrace it but just does not work . I feel that for some reason I Have placed a seal on myself that cuts me of from others And I am not sure how to overcome that ? I hope you find a way out and enjoy others company for you good luck Fractured

@Fracture I find that dissociation the worst feeling. So anxious that surrounding people events seem to be no connection to me. Feelings of completely helpless, in great distress and can’t see way out. Cannot find comfort or soothing, seeing only dark, narrow brick walls. No where to find help. That was suicidal thoughts for me then? Often felt like that, mixed with extreme anger, feelings of being mistreated, disrespected.

Meownway The passage is difficult i was thinking today about happiness itself  and i pictured myself walking through a forest of tall trees and shade alone  i was content  but not happy ! Is that what other people see in me Not areally a happy person! But sometimes you see a bird in the canopy or a stream of sunshine something that you and nobody else on that day would see fleeting moments in isolation that make you happy! I am now physically injured i cannot drive or go anywhere without help for a month to eight weeks so I am really being tested forced loneliness geez I hope you are okay But it is better to be here than not Fractured yep got a fracture two in fact that is spooky

Hi @Fracture ,

Your post is very existential .. we are all seeking happiness in our lives and the journey there is difficult for a lot of us, some more than others. Happiness means different things to different people, but they way I see it, happiness to me is getting yourself to a level where depression is manageable and 'copeable' (using my own lingo here). Firstly, you have to try answer your own question. Do people view you as an unhappy person? Only you can answer that. 

Loneliness is a killer! Its depressing and really eats you up - humans are not built to be alone. It's devastating and painful. Tomorrow is another day 🙂

@RasberryCupcake @starflame @Fracture @Rilakkuma @outlander @Shaz51  I get times like now,late at night, can't sleep, feel alone in the world, even though my mother is physically in next room. Feel frightened.wondering if can make it to tomorrow, A lot of sorrow have been through, sadness, loss, traumas, I don't want to think about it But the stuff my father pushed on me and isolated me from.How I used to hate him. So much. So intense.Felt like prisoner by him the years that should be fruitful. The loVe he made me to give up, the struggled to come out of his control and the extreme hard work to some level of normality from his world. A man I Despise hold up so much of my life, mind,emotions. The extreme loneliness prisoned in his world for so many years. That I feel helpless, late at night,toss and turn.sorry to blah .Hope you all sleep well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm