Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Glisten
Senior Contributor

UQ With You - Uni of QLD free

This week I had the first of my free counselling sessions with the University of Queensland, UQ With You initiative. My initial contact was Friday 1 Sept, their psychologist responded to me Wednesday 6 Sept, and my first appointment Monday 11 Sept. I felt heard and respected.

If you are like me, tired of the waiting weeks or months for an appointment, only to find that the counsellor/psychologist is still dishing out what they did 30 years ago, then you’ll find these final year postgraduate counselling students and provisional psychologists, bring the best of latest scientific research. They have skills, they got game.

The university website states that it is a:

“service providing high quality, no-cost, short term counselling services to support community members.

Support at UQ With You is provided by final year postgraduate counselling students and provisional psychologists. All practitioners receive regular supervision from fully qualified senior practitioners.

UQ With You is a free service, accessible to all members of the community. This is a confidential service and discussions will not be shared with anyone outside of the clinic.

UQ With You aims to provide support for individuals locally, as well as across Australia, that are impacted by mental health concerns. This telehealth and in-person service is provided at our on-campus clinic, as well as video counselling over Zoom or via the phone.”

Google it.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: UQ With You - Uni of QLD free

Thank you so much for sharing that @Glisten . I hope it may be of help to others and so glad it's helped you ❤️

That's awesome @Glisten !

Thanks for sharing. I mean, I'm lucky with my supports, but I can imagine this should help other people- had never know of it

My pleasure @hanami

can you get counselling if you are in another state?

@scruffypuffball  Yes. UQ With You does sessions via Zoom all over Australia.

I started my sessions on campus in person in Brisbane and have continued via Zoom in Perth.

My therapist has made a huge difference to my life. Highly recommended if you want to make the changes and do the work.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm