Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

12 years younger is pretty good @Adge . Any tips on how you do it?

Well really I don't feel younger @Dimity I feel much older than my actual age.

That's due to chronic fatigue-causing conditions.

Plus having had 4 major Bowel Surgeries, to save my life.

The younger Biological Age thing is supposedly primarily because I'm Vegetarian.

I've been Vegetarian for 34 years.

Adge

That's interesting @Adge. I don't eat much meat. But vegan is too hard for me.

Hope you keep well. It sounds as though you've been through a lot. 

Iam overdue for a walk @Dimity  had a burst last week then took few days to get over it. 

Thats great @Adge keep going! Youre doing better than someone without a mental illness. I want to wind back my biological age even more!

@Dimity 4 day heatwave here in Perth.

I’ll get back to it.

G

Hi @Glisten @SmilingGecko @TAB @Dimity @Adge 

I will back up Glisten, it’s been way too hot to strain myself walking the last couple of weeks. I will get back into it in Autumn.

@Oaktree @Glisten @TAB @Dimity @Adge 

Well decided to beat the heat and get out and walk at 7am. I have gained 5kg since the holiday period. I was quite sedated as my meds don't wear off early in the morning. It wasn't the best experience but I got out there. I felt more tired than usual but pushed myself. The weather has been too hot to walk during the day so after my January detox noticed an uptick of vitality. But today just felt sluggish. It will shift

Top marks for trying @SmilingGecko . 

Our med certainly impacts our heat tolerance well as sedation and metabolism so it takes more effort than it might for others.

Don't fret about the weight gain. Small changes in diet and exercise over the break might have added up but I trust your bloodwork  is OK. It's the long term that counts.

Thanks for the encouragement @Dimity yes its really hard but I checked my astrology for today and I have a Sun/Neptune transit which can also account for tiredness. But youre right re sedation in the early morning and being slowed down can add an extra degrees of difficulty. I'm due for more bloodwork so will get that checked just in case. Your example has kept me going

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm