Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Walking for Wellness

I thought the dawning of the Age of Aquarius was in the 60s @SmilingGecko ? Or was that a previous cycle?

Sounds as though you do things in style.

I walked to the supermarket and back but these days I'm a bit sore and wonky. I'm using my new dumbbells in my exercises. 

@Dimity People are under that impression that flower power in the 60's was the Age of Aquarius. That is wrong. However many astrologers are kind of in disagreement when the phase actually begins but its leaning in now. But we are certainly entering the Golden Age according to a yoga commentator I follow prior to that it was Kali Yuga which was a highly difficult age where there was little spiritual consciousness and the light was virtually non existent

I just did a health quiz from todays Herald Sun from their online newspaper. They are saying Aussies are obese and unhealthy and the quiz determines your biological age, not your actual age. My actual age is 54 and I have the biological age of a 44 year old now according to the quiz. YAY! I could bring my biological age down a bit more, we'll see how I go. I answered all the questions honestly and surprised myself

<image>

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 10.30.37 am.png

@Oaktree @Dimity @StuF @Shaz51 @TAB @Glisten 

I just did a biological age calculation in my previous post and thought people may want to know their biological age. I got it off the Herald Sun but it comes with a paid online subscription. Here is a free biological age calculator that you can easily do with tips and pointers to reduce your biological age after you take the test!

https://www.biological-age.com/

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 11.06.20 am.png

its a pretty easy test @SmilingGecko  it said was 5 years younger than I am , others have done say at least 5 years older lol

@SmilingGecko  I bet it said you were 21.

I’m almost too scared to try it.

I need a walk. Thank you for the tag.

I should ask the women on my FB Women’s Shed chat if anyone wants to go for a walk.

Hugs G

that sounds like a good idea @Glisten , some might be walking already 

Still trudging around my usual circuit. Noticed a pink flowering gum today - I could hear but not see the lorikeets in it

@Oaktree @Shaz51 @Glisten @TAB @SmilingGecko @tyme 

Hope you're managing to fit in a walk occasionally.  I'm thankful my routine is now so entrenched I make the effort even on off days. I wish I was that disciplined with other things. Any suggestions for other healthy habits?

Struggling with the heat @Dimity I go for walks when I can, but yes still going on days when its not too warm or hot

Nice One @SmilingGecko The Biological Age Calculator reckons that I'm 12 years Younger than I really am....

Turning 55 in a few week's time.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm