Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: EVERYTHING CATS!!

@PinkFlamingo that’s so adorable. Sometimes our neighbours cats is there when we are coming back home. She mostly meows in the front yard and not as much in the back yard. Not sure why. Cats are cats 😂. She thinks our house is also her territory and masks her scent on the house and us. She has tried to come in and has come in, but she never really got very far into our house before she was back out

Yes indeed - cats are cats! 😁

that’s very cute of your neighbours cat… I can just imagine her coming in and then changing her mind! 🤭🐈

@creative_writer 🌺

@PinkFlamingo I think she got scared since we were panicking she was inside. She is still keen on coming on 😂

@creative_writer I hope a kitty finds you! Or an opportunity presents itself! They're such wonderful pets, and I know my mental health has benefitted from having em around! 

Does your neighbour kitty give you cuddles? 

Aw, hehe..cat chaos 😉🤭🌺💜

@Jynx she does give us cuddles. Though we have noticed she has become an almost middle aged (we estimated she is 36 years in human years but we have no way of knowing) cranky cat with time. If you do something to annoy her, she’ll hiss and bite. Petting is on her terms 😂. I’ve been lucky and only gotten a love bite, she attacked one of our other neighbours though. She is something.

@PinkFlamingo we were so worried about how to get her out since she was under the dining table. Then she just dashed out. Obviously since she thinks our house is also her, she won’t give up the fight to come in 😂🐈

@creative_writer haha yes cats are very communicative!! When it's time to stop, they will TELL YOU 🤣

Cats have amazing boundaries! I actually think it's been healthy for me as a recovering people-pleaser/recovering from preoccupied attachment style to have a pet that isn't always going to be affectionate, or come running to me, or let me touch them. It's like building up resilience to rejection haha

Also, there's this meme

k90aspyk3h1a1.jpg

A generalisation for sure, but still! 

@PinkFlamingo 

Haha oh goodness me - that really reiterates the point I’ve seen made by so many people with cats: people are cat pets, and cats really run the relationships! 😉😁🐈🌺

@creative_writer 

Yes I think cars do a great job of maintaining boundaries, and also in their ability to reach out when things aren’t going too well - I’ve had a cat that didn’t know me come and show sweetness when I was feeling really upset, tired, and down. 
it was so surprising, and so gentle, it really made my day 🐈💜🙂 @Jynx 

i think it really shows how awesome cats can be 🙂

@Jynx it's interesting to see how having cats has helped you in your healing. Cats do certainly have amazing boundaries. I think I am similar in a sense to cats, I don't like to be touched all the time either, I think my ASDness makes me super sensitive, I hate to reject hugs but end up doing it some of the time. Maybe I have more in common with other cats than most humans 😂

@PinkFlamingo cats really do run relationships, you don't need to give cats a thrown, they already have one😂

@Jynx and @PinkFlamingo this is cats in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/imDyudNO8Y8 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm