Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: EVERYTHING CATS!!

Haha! To right @creative_writer ! 😂

cat math has such truth it should be in the dictionary lol 😆 🙌🏻🌺💜

@PinkFlamingo just like purfect, toe beans, zoomies and homans belong in the dictionary 😂

Haha @creative_writer my friend often says "Cats are so autistic" and I happen to agree! No wonder you're drawn to them 😊

That video is so on point 🤣💯

@PinkFlamingo yes they truly do know when we need some comfort!! Even just today, I was crying during therapy (it was via Zoom) and my lil Trixie came and snuggled up to me, I felt so blessed. 

Aw, @Jynx , Im really sorry to hear you were upset during the session, however Im so glad your little Trixie came to comfort you - thats just exactly how lovely these little critters are! 😍🐈💜

@PinkFlamingo yeah for sure, they are just so wonderful! 😊

And don't worry about me, it was a good session and I was mainly crying because I felt incredibly validated and held by my therapist, she's so good to me 😉

@Jynx cats get sensory overload a lot easier than humans typically do. Their senses are heightened, it’s in their genetic makeup up. I can see why your friend says they are autistic.

Aww, sorry to hear it was an emotional session. Therapy can bring up a lot of feelings but I’m glad you feel safe enough to cry in therapy and Trixie was there to offer support💖

Aww thanks @creative_writer, yeah it was a good session, I needed it for sure. 

Yeah that makes sense! They're all whiskers and moveable ears, very sensitive animals! I even heard about something called 'whisker fatigue' - basically if you serve their dinner in something narrow/tall (instead of a flat dish for instance) they can get easily overwhelmed while eating cos their sensitive lil whiskers are constantly brushing on the edge of the dish! 

So bizarre to imagine having sensitive hairs like that on the face, hey 🤔😅

totally wonderful @Jynx 🐈😍

Aw, thats really awesome! 😊

Im really happy for you 🙂💜🙌

@Jynx sometimes we do need a good session. MH is a journey and not a destination. I’m sure you’ve come really far, far enough to be a therapist and peer support worker 💖🙂

Their whiskers are just so cute. Cats are adorable. I know I’m sensitive with whatever headwear I wear, it has to be lightweight and not press on my ears or I get annoyed. I hate those headphones, or maybe I haven’t found comfortable ones yet. I prefer my AirPods

@creative_writer 😊😚💜 bless

Oh yeah ears are sooo sensitive! I used to use in-ear headphones only for the longest time. Till I found my perfect headphones... They're Sony active noise-cancelling. They only hurt my ears after like, 4+ hours, and even then a 20 min break is all that's needed. The active noise cancelling is a godsend for my auditory sensitivities, sometimes I don't even listen to music or anything I just activate them and pop em on, just makes the world way more bearable! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm