Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

@SmilingGecko Love it‼️

I understood 0 of what you wrote lol 😆

If I Google ayurveda and vedic astrology, it’s going to take me down a Google rabbit hole and I’m going to lose the rest of my day.

More power to you.

Enjoy making your special stuff.

G

@Glisten Yes astrology terminology for newbies can be a mindfield! I had the same response with people conversant with the subject when I first started. Been at it for 30 years its easy to overlook the fact that folks find it hard grasping concepts. You just prattle on thinking other people can easily make sense of it forgetting where you started from and that you yourself found it a bit of overwhelm to begin with. So yes will be making incense today. Got to dig out my stash of supplies! I think that what i'm doing today

Hello @Glisten @Historylover @TAB @StuF 

Just made my own incense tailored to my own unique vedic astrology birth star today out of giloy, an ayurvedic herb which is matched to my sign from ayurvedic texts. There are close to 30 birth stars and they describe your unique traits. Its the star you were born under. You calculate your birth star off Astroved and check the herb that is matched to your sign. I just got the things i needed off Amazon and Ebay. I shelved the project for a while and got it done today! YIPEEEE!

A good day for you then, @SmilingGecko. I played badminton, went to the physiotherapist where two lovely gentlemen broke the news to me that I was driving with a flat tyre. As a result the tyre has to be replaced. Oh well...

Yes its been a good day @Historylover i'm sorry to hear you were getting about with a flat tyre and not knowing. At least they alerted you to it and it won't do damage on your car.  Once I was driving with a flat tyre and had some mean driver drive past and say something and laugh. Anyway thats the world today. Good to hear badminton went well. I'm so pleased you are getting out and about now. I used to have separation anxiety and being alone used to be very difficult but like I said the switch got flipped somehow and it no longer affected me anymore. In fact I learned to enjoy my solitude. Now i rather prefer my own company over getting involved with people whom i may regret associations with. The incense i made made today was lovely. It was a beautiful scent to work with. The aroma was like nothing i had ever smelled before. A delightful aroma. It will take a couple of weeks for it to dry. previously I used to buy from Astroved but the prices were a bit steep with the USA exchange rate. I can make several months supply easily myself!

@SmilingGecko 

I love how self sufficient you are. From making your own beauty products to now creating your own incense.

Sounds great 

Sounds like a very successful day for you, @SmilingGecko. So pleased your incense making was so successful whilst also being frugal. I think we both share the goal of frugality while also having what we need to make us happy. 

I'm chasing my tyre today so there is no tennis for me. I suspect it may be rained out anyway. Have a good day, @SmilingGecko.

Thanks @Historylover yes I try and be frugal. The 'Giloy' incense making was really lovely yesterday. The aroma was such a delight.  I was really drawn to the scent, quite possibly people resonate with the herb that is matched to their Nakshatra.

Makes me wonder about the quality of incense I previously bought from whether they bought inferior herbs or not as the aroma of these ones I made was the most beautiful smell I have ever inhaled. I just looked outside before and yes its raining in Melbourne.

Have been reading The Organic Prepper website and got some ideas for surviving in any crisis by a man called Selco who survived the Balkan war while his town was under seige with no food, water or electricity. I try to do preparedness and find ways of surviving in any situation. Theres knowledge to be had.

Just checked the news and finally the media has indicated we are entering a recession. The CPI showed a couple of years back that this was the case. Don't know why the government had not made an official statement until now but the dollar is certainly crashing.

I hope you have a nice day History Lover. Nothing planned for today.  Learning how to use a solar thermos if the SHTF and the grid goes out and no hot water. Its a beaut device with solar panels so I can heat up water without gas or electricity

Thank-you @Oaktree I used to study commerce and saw the insides of industry. The hyaluronic serum retails for $30 but is worth practically a cent or a fraction of a cent.

Theres all kinds of promotion, sales, marketing, packaging and endorsements surrounding these products.

Years ago a generic imitation makeup brand called "The Ordinary" came out minus these factors built into the price so a hyaluronic serum was only $10 from that mob. They had no fancy label, promotions or celebs endorsing their products

But the only ingredients in it is hyaluronic powder like less than a teaspoon and distilled water!

The heat protectant spitz is pretty much the same. I saw one selling at Woolies for $17 and you can make it for nothing practically and it does wonders for your hair. You know what goes in it theres no chemicals - its 'clean'

Over the years i've enjoyed making my own products. I even used to use bicarb to wash my hair and a vinegar rinse to condition it. I learnt that from environmental scientist David Suzuki

My hairdresser was commenting on my lovely hair and was really surprised when I told her I just used bicarb to wash it and a vinegar rinse! 

I thought it may have been skimping on myself when i started doing it but my hair was in better condition on bicarb

Hi Y'all 

@Historylover @SmilingGecko @Oaktree @Glisten @MDT 

@TAB 

Okay I been gone for a couple of days five to be 

Precise and....missed you all ......

I've thought about you all but trying to live my best life.....

What the ......?? 

@Meowmy @Adge @Appleblossom 

@Tilz 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm