Skip to main content

Forums

Re: Tabalugas

@Meowmy   good morning hunny wishing you a super day. Love peaxx

Its good you still have some kind of contact with family @TAB. I know families aren't perfect but at least you won't be alone this xmas

TAB
Senior Contributor

..slept another 2 hours @Meowmy , warm in bed lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah well not seen them for years and only ones am seeing @SmilingGecko 

I'm not alltogether happy with my brother @TAB - he's my only surviving relative apart from a biological sister through adoption process whom I met a few times. As for brother I haven't seen him in 30 years now.  Also have half brother and sister whom I have never met. So thats basically the family tree. Used to celebrate Xmas with my partner 10 years ago. I try not to let it get to me I just live for myself these days. This time of year is very hard.

TAB
Senior Contributor

I have 3 siblings @SmilingGecko  parents gone like 6 years ago and 18mths ago.

sort of chatty on email with one never spoke to much over last 20 years with them going off the rails and moving interstate.

another one only spoke at christmas for last 12 years,which stopped after mum died

and other one was happy enough to talk if could be bothered picking up phone, I just stopped trying in the end as was too up themselves, thats th one am going to see.

dont have anything to do with relatives. as soon as left home, said well never have to see them again and didnt. used to be embarressed by what they were allowed to do, what they did as opposed to us ie nothing and sit at home etc.

parents did not have holidays while I was at home. got dumped on completely disinterested grandmother for school hols couple times. was okay would just go home at meal times and to sleep lol. oh, we went to beach every year for new years day. and went to friend of family for xmas . like day outings. 

If only things were better but most families experience some kind of problem with immediate family or relatives.  My brother is a very difficult person I think made worse due to steroid use.  He was a gym fanatic and moved with the wrong crowd at fitness hubs. I can't have discussions with him over the phone but I still care. Theres not much to say anymore. I don't know if you have ever heard of "Roid Rage" but steroids make people fly into rages over nothing. You can't have civil discussions with people who have done steroid use. I wonder about my nieces and the type of family life they have @TAB I doubt it would be very good at all.  For some reason he persists chasing after his adopted sister whose family were from Toorak and involved in knitwear in the fashion industry in years gone by. Hes's only met her a few times and still wants to hook up with them. Chasing after rainbows in my opinion. You don't try and track someone down who you met in the 1980's still looking for something decades later. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

yes, heard of roid rage and am aware of people who supply it ie bikies @SmilingGecko 

oh, have a nephew who is prob 40 now, not seen in 10 years .was brought up by his mother. he stil chases after brother and sister in hope they will pay him to go away or whatever 

@TAB hey tabby, going for nap.

TAB
Senior Contributor

sorry @Meowmy  i thought you were busy .. okay see you after

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday