Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Thank you @PinkFlamingo 

No, I didn't tag to leave it open-ended. 

no worries @Birdofparadise8  🙂 understood 🌺

i must’ve mistakenly thought you’d said he was your psychiatrist, and that you’d shortened the term to ‘psych’ - instead of using pdoc (I’m familiar with many different terms and uses having worked as an occupational therapist in MH previously🙂). 
but thanks for clarifying your preferred use of terminology - much appreciated 🙌🏻🙂🌺

I'll be going soon @PinkFlamingo.

If you're going to reply to my posts from earlier, I'll reply sometime tomorrow morning. I didn't want you to think I've just disappeared on you tonight. I hope we can have a chat tomorrow, but no pressure. I hope you have a good night. 

Hope you get some rest tonight @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺💜

I should be around tomorrow on and off; it’ll be lovely to catch up then🌺

thank you kindly 💜🙂🌺

Catch you sometime tomorrow 🤗

Hi @PinkFlamingo 

Yeah, I slept. Interestingly, this is the second time this week that I've had a dream about my cousin. I don't think about her during the day, so I'm unsure why I would be at night. 

What are you doing today? 

I'm about to have breakfast, and I'm doing a diamond art thing like ENKELI. It's blue and white flowers. 

Hey there @Birdofparadise8 🙂🌺

glad to hear you got some sleep 🙂

hmm, I don’t know much at all about dreams or why we have them… not quite sure why you’d be dreaming of your cousin..? 🌺

I’m trying to clean house/do laundry, then tidy up my office area which has a lot of filing that needs to be done 

the diamond art sounds like a nice thing to do ☺️

I was dreaming about how she doesn't like me and stuff, as we haven't properly spoken since late 2022, and I can't remember the date. She just called and said she couldn't handle my depression, etc. 

That's why I said yesterday that none of my friends are doing what you do. I had another friend who left me last year for the same reason. 

Ah, okay, I hope you get that all done. Do you have a big house? @PinkFlamingo 

My psych apologised for bringing up the fortnightly session at the end of the session when he called me yesterday. I mentioned what happened to tyme. I was surprised he would call after the email I sent. 

You don't know how much stress and anxiety has gone about it now. I guess I'm a bit worried will we have to talk about it in more detail on Wednesday. 

maybe that’s fodder for chewing over with your psych, @Birdofparadise8 ..? 🙂

Hmm, well.. in terms of how I support friends.. I guess I have some ability (for want of a better word?) having been a former MH professional?  I’m guessing that’s not very common, and maybe even less common in younger generations? 
Given that my scope of practice is very different to these forums, of course, and that supporting a friend in a personal friendship sense is also different to the support here on the forum, because the settings are very different, I could see how it would seem quite unusual  🙂🌺

Thank you heaps - my place is ok for me, I just find any physical activity (whether it big or small spaces) difficult/tricky because of the state of reduced function I live with 🙂

That’s great your psych has offered some leeway in terms of the sessions and called you regarding your email. Sounds like he’s been responsive to what you wrote - hopefully that’ll continue at your next session ☺️🌺

Hey @Birdofparadise8 how are you?
just checking im ohed your weekend going?
ours has gotten off to a rough start 🤕
But it can also get bettre

What do you mean by fodder for chewing over? @PinkFlamingo 

Oh, okay, I didn't know you had MH skills professionally. 

Yeah, well, my cousin is in year 11, so I don't think so. The other one is studying psychology. She is a first-year student. 

It's okay. I was just curious, that's all. 

Yeah, it was good. I was so anxious about it all, so I'm pleased I can relax about it. 

Hey @ArraDreaming 

Love the photo. I'm alright. I've just been doing some diamond art, and then I'll be heading off to the football soon. Oh no, what happened? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mornington Victoria 3931

Contact
Phone: 1300 MENTIS (1300 636 847)
info@mentisassist.org.au

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm